How do I add additional contacts to a survey that was already sent out? | XM Community
Solved

How do I add additional contacts to a survey that was already sent out?

• 17 October 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi All -

Hoping someone can help me out with this. I recently sent out a survey to our customer base and one of our clients got left off. Is there a way to send out the same survey to additional contacts?
icon

Best answer by ClairJ 17 October 2019, 17:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @btroy there sure is. Just go into your contact list and add the client. Then, go into your email distributions for this survey and create a new distribution. When selecting your contacts, go to your contact list and select only the individual you want to send the survey to. Hope that helps!
Badge +3
Hello @ClairJ, thanks for the answer.
Do you know if there is a way that Qualtrics automatically recognises the newly added contacts? If it is a long list, selecting the new contacts by hand is not optimal.
Ideally, I imagine the process as follows: Create contact list - send out invitations to the list - add new contacts to list - send out invitations to list again but Qualtrics only sends to new contacts.
I guess it would make sense if there were an option to select "send only to new contacts".
Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@kof Is there a reason why you do not want to create a new mailing list with new contacts only?
Badge +3
@MsIreen That's what I did so far. In fact, we have a campaign running where people sign up over more than a month, so we had one or two new lists every day. However, I find it rather cumbersome for sending reminders if you have to go through all the 30 odd lists and define reminders for each one of them. That's the reason why I'd prefer one single list that gets updated daily.

It looks like the solution in this post would work: https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/3984/emailing-new-contacts-when-added-to-a-directory#latest
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
@kof Have you tried mailing list triggers? Send a survey on addition to the mailing list?
Badge +3
@MsIreen Thanks for the hint! I'll try that next time.

Leave a Reply