How do I identify the respondent's location from my qualtrics questionnaire? | XM Community
Solved

How do I identify the respondent's location from my qualtrics questionnaire?

• 17 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi guys, I am creating a quiz by qualtrics and I want to know how do I identify the respondent's location from my qualtrics questionnaire? For example, I want to know if it is possible to know which city or neighborhood the person is answering my questionnaire.
Thank you!
icon

Best answer by AliLN 17 October 2019, 19:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Other than asking, you can download the IP Address and look up from there.

Here's the info on getting the IP Address from Qualtrics: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/download-data/understanding-your-dataset/
@AliLN I don't know if I understand, but if I want the IP addrees show up, I just need to delete the Anonymize Response option? Because the respondent’s IP address will not be available if responses have been completely anonymized.
Sorry my english.
> @AliLN said:
> Other than asking, you can download the IP Address and look up from there.
>
> Here's the info on getting the IP Address from Qualtrics: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/data/download-data/understanding-your-dataset/

I don't know if I understand, but if I want the IP addrees show up, I just need to delete the Anonymize Response option? Because the respondent’s IP address will not be available if responses have been completely anonymized.
Sorry my english.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@amandalima3,

If you want to save the city (based on IP address) of the respondent, assign the GeoIP Location City to an embedded variable in the survey flow:
city = ${loc://City}

This will work regardless of the Anonymize Response setting.
> @TomG said:
> @amandalima3,
>
> If you want to save the city (based on IP address) of the respondent, assign the GeoIP Location City to an embedded variable in the survey flow:
> city = ${loc://City}
>
> This will work regardless of the Anonymize Response setting.

@TomG But how do I put the IP Address? My anonymize response isn't selected, but I still can not the IP address.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @amandalima3 said:
> > @TomG said:
> > @amandalima3,
> >
> > If you want to save the city (based on IP address) of the respondent, assign the GeoIP Location City to an embedded variable in the survey flow:
> > city = ${loc://City}
> >
> > This will work regardless of the Anonymize Response setting.
>
> But how do I put the IP Address? My anonymize response isn't selected, but I still can not the IP address.
ip = ${loc://IPAddress}
Badge +2

Please note- this information is outdated. If anonymize responses is enabled, then GeoIP will not be collected

Leave a Reply