Translated Automatic Choices / Scale points? | XM Community
Solved

Translated Automatic Choices / Scale points?

• 18 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies
Hi,
In my Survey Options, I have indicated that my survey is written in Dutch.
However, when using the Automatic Scale Points like Difficult - Easy, this is still in English.
Are automatic Choices / Scale Points not adapting to the set language?
icon

Best answer by KeirJ 18 October 2019, 17:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Hi @JoycaV!

The 'Survey Language' option on the 'Survey Options' page controls the language for system-generated messages (see the Survey Language documentation page).

In order to translate the answer choices and other text seen in the survey, you will need to translate the survey (see 'Tools' -> 'Translate Survey'). This documentation page has more information.

Hope that helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
> @"keir.johnson@commonfont.com" said:
> Hi @JoycaV!
>
> The 'Survey Language' option on the 'Survey Options' page controls the language for system-generated messages (see the Survey Language documentation page).
>
> In order to translate the answer choices and other text seen in the survey, you will need to translate the survey (see 'Tools' -> 'Translate Survey'). This documentation page has more information.
>
> Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply Keir,
I just thought the "Automatic Scale Points", being automatic, would be automatically translated and should not be manually translated with the "translate survey" option.
Because now I need to look up what "extremely dissatisfied" is in all languages. With the risk of bad translations. Kind of takes away the purpose of the automatic answers being phd-approved labels...

Leave a Reply