Accents and special characters in Data & analysis. | XM Community
Solved

Accents and special characters in Data & analysis.

• 18 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
Hello everyone

I need to import data within the "DATA & ANALYSIS" section, but this information is in Spanish, so it has accents and characters that do not exist in the English language.
I have tried several ways to upload this information and none of them has been effective.

1. Upload file using TSV / CSV. When I import the information, the data is encoded as if it were HTML, that is, for example the letter á appears as & aacute; (Initially it seems fine, but the Data in the Dashboard appears in this way and when I come back and try to edit it in Data & analysis section it also appears encoded.

2. Upload information via legacy function. When I import it by this way everything loads well with the characters and accents, but the contact details (first name, surname, email ...) load as anonymous

Can anybody help me?
icon

Best answer by ClairJ 18 October 2019, 17:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @alejandro_fernandez_izo , have you checked out this help page? It has a section partway down on special character issues. It looks like the solution is to use unicode text encoding, which is another level of customization on top of file type.

Leave a Reply