Survey chaining off single contact list | XM Community
Solved

Survey chaining off single contact list

• 24 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Hi Qualtrics Community,

I have a project with four surveys that are being chained. My question is this - when a respondent finishes a survey, how do you automatically send out an email invitation for them to take the next survey in the chain, WITHOUT creating a new contact list / adding them to a new contact list? The actions -> distribute survey action forces you to add the respondent to a new contact list/existing contact list, instead of just sending them an invitation to a survey. When you select a contact list that the respondent already exists on, it ends up creating a duplicate entry.

Here's the general flow:
1. Respondent added to contact list "Contact_Main"
2. Respondent invited to Survey 1
3. Respondent answers questions and finishes survey
4. Questions answered in Survey 1 update Embedded Data fields in "Contact_Main" (things like DOB, Sex, Gender, etc.)
5. Invitation to take Survey 2 is sent out upon completion of Survey 1
6. Questions answered in Survey 2 updated Embedded Data fields in "Contact_Main"
7. Etc. repeat.

We want to hold all of the critical responses in a singular place, "Contact_Main", so that they can be used in the subsequent surveys. I dislike the idea of creating a new contact list and adding someone to it, along with all the existing Embedded Data for each individual survey. It seems super inefficient when you can just have all their Embedded Data stored in a single contact list and re-use it over and over.

Any ideas community? I'm happy to help clarify anything above too!

Regards,
Pete
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 12 May 2020, 22:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
If you have not yet already, we recommend reviewing this support page about how to create an anonymized raffle. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but should help you get started in the right direction! 😀

Leave a Reply