Removing an Uploaded File on Retake | XM Community
Question

Removing an Uploaded File on Retake

• 24 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +33
I have a survey where the respondents are given a link to retake the survey as a new response after they’ve completed it. When they retake it, most of their responses stay the same, but I have a file upload question where they need to upload a new file. Is there a way, possibly using Javascript, to remove the previously uploaded file when they retake the survey? I know that they can just upload the new file over the existing one, but I'd rather remove the previous file so that they don't accidentally think they've uploaded the file when it's really the old one.

1 reply

Badge +9

jflowers1 I'm also looking for a solution to remove an uploaded file. While I can't find a way to do it within an active survey, I wonder if, in your case, you could use js plus some logic to do it. If there is js that can load the question 'empty' (which I assume there is - something in the 'onLoad' probably?), then you specify when to execute that (using the url containing or not containing ?Q_R), that should provide a fresh upload question on the retake.
Hopefully that wasn't super confusing - and sorry it's only a partial answer since I don't know jscript well.

Leave a Reply