How to reduce size/spacing of survey response - to fit on single screen | XM Community
Solved

How to reduce size/spacing of survey response - to fit on single screen

• 24 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hello - I'm trying to figure out how if there are any tips or tricks that will allow me to reduce the amount of space around a survey question and/or survey answer. What I'm trying to do is reduce the spacing so that the full rating scale can be viewed on a single mobile phone screen. This question is a Mobile Friendly, Matrix question - which defaults to an accordian on mobile phones and apps. I thought I could just reduce the font size, but that did not work. I just started to learn CSS, but have not covered anything like this yet. If there is anyone who can share some insights into how I can accomplish this, it would be greatly appreicated. I've attached an image showing the question and current displayed response - we are only missing our last two options.

Thanks -
Allen!
icon

Best answer by KeirJ 24 October 2019, 19:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Hi @aurness!

A general word of caution about adding CSS... if done incorrectly, it can result in your survey being displayed improperly across different devices, it can be hard to maintain over time as your survey changes, and it can generally just be time-consuming to implement. Proceed with caution!

If you want to add custom CSS , I would recommend using Google Chrome and the 'Preview' feature in Qualtrics to view the survey. Once you've navigated to the question you want to update, right-click and choose 'Inspect'. F

From the screen that opens, you can find the element you want to modify, change the CSS to see if you get the intended effect, and then copy the CSS to your Look and Feel (see attached screenshot).

Good luck!

!

Leave a Reply