Is there anyway to randomize the blocks in a Table of Contents? | XM Community
Question

Is there anyway to randomize the blocks in a Table of Contents?

• 30 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I'm currently conducting a study where participants can look at various "webpages" during the experiment to learn more information about a given topic (a simulated information seeking if you will). The Table of Contents feature is great for this; however, it doesn't allow the Randomization feature to be placed within the Table of Contents. Does anyone have any ideas on ways that Javascript could be utilized to randomize the blocks in a table of contents?

Taking any and all suggestions!

-Castle

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I was just wondering the same thing!
Badge +3

Would love to know this as well.

Some issue

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Reviving this post! It's now almost two years later and I still would like to do this on a new survey I'm deploying in the Fall. Any updates, ideas, or suggestions?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

After doing some googling, I figured out that you can create pseudo-randomizations of TOCs by using the Qualtrics randomization tool FIRST, and then creating various assortments of your TOC blocks below. It obviously isn't completely random, but better than nothing. In the meantime, if anyone has any other ideas, feel free to post!
https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/2786/how-to-list-block-labels-in-randomized-order-in-the-table-of-content

Leave a Reply