Why edited responses revert to original after being modified? | XM Community
Solved

Why edited responses revert to original after being modified?

• 3 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
Hi everyone,

I have edited several responses in a survey. Once I finish editing it seems that the change has been recorded. However, after a few minutes, the response reverts to the original, and there remains only the small triangle on the upper left corner to indicate that the field was edited. The change does not appear also when I filter data.

Can anyone help me understand how to keep edits and visualise these in my final results?

Many thanks,

Best,

Patrizia
icon

Best answer by ClairJ 7 November 2019, 17:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @Pat87 this may be one you want to run by Qualtrics support.

Do you share the account with anyone? Is it possible they are reverting the data back?

Or, are you making many changes at once? Maybe there is a time-out issue happening...
Badge +2
Hi ClairJ,

Many thanks for your help. I do not share the account with anyone, however I am making around 30 changes at once. I need to insert information for a new variable for more than 1,000 replies.

I have just checked and it seems that my changes are visible if I download the data, whereas are not visible on the software (there is only the small flag of the upper left corner) both in the report and when i filter data.

Is there any chance to overcome the time-out issue?
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi @Pat87 I can't replicate this issue in my account. I'd check in with Qualtrics support on it. They are very responsive and can log in to your account to see what is happening. I'd love to hear an update!

Leave a Reply