Embedded Data - Multiple surveys to same contact overriding data | XM Community
Solved

Embedded Data - Multiple surveys to same contact overriding data

• 4 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Hey Community,

I'm having an issue with embedded data due to a particular way our surveying needs to work, and wanted to see if anyone else has come across this and had any suggestions.
I work for a Telco and we do transactional surveys at the end of each interaction - like the delivery of a service, completion of a support ticket etc. The survey invites are triggered from our system into Qualtrics via an API. This means that one contact could get a survey related to a delivery transaction which has associated embedded data and then another survey later for a support interaction with it's own embedded data. We also have a few embedded data fields that cross over between two transactions (i.e. 'number' is used for the delivery order ID and support ticket number).

This creates an issue if a contact receives one survey which they don't answer, then an invite is sent for a second survey and they then answer the first one.
The embedded data on that survey response is then related to the second survey whilst they are answering the first. This complicates further as we ask different questions and have the different interactions set up as different projects.

One option I was thinking about was updating the embedded data fields so there is no overlap (i.e. call it 'delivery number' or 'support number''). We would still end up with additional data on the record, but when analysis it, i'll be able to see which data is related to which transaction. We have 6 projects with different transactions so I think this will make the embedded data list quite long to maintain.

Is there any better way of doing it?

Let me know if you need more information on the issue.

Thanks
Em
icon

Best answer by Kate 5 November 2019, 16:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
With Qualtrics' current formatting, there isn't a way to handle this. the new data is going to overrwrite the old transaction's data. Rumor has it they are looking at rolling out "Transactional Data" that might solve the issue, but until then we are out of luck.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/19173

Leave a Reply