In a carry forward question, how to make the options belonging to same group as one option? | XM Community
Question

In a carry forward question, how to make the options belonging to same group as one option?

• 4 November 2019
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Level 1 ●
  • 22 replies
Hello Community,

I have a question where I have 7 answer choices.
1. Hibiscus
2. Rose
3. Sunflower
4. Leaves
5. Stem
6. Root
7. Trunk

Three of the answer choices (1. Hibiscus, 2. Rose and 3. Sunflower) are under the same group called "Flowers". These answer choices have a choice text called "Flowers" that I am showing in a later question where these choices get carried forward (using the Carry Forward option).
Flowers
1. Hibiscus
2. Rose
3. Sunflower
4. Leaves
5. Stem
6. Root
7. Trunk

In a later question, like I said, I am carrying forward the answers selected from the above-mentioned question. The three answer choices, namely Hibiscus, Rose and Sunflower that fall under group "Flowers" are being shown as "Flowers" (choice text) in this later question. But if a respondent selects all the three choices, namely 1. Hibiscus, 2. Rose and 3. Sunflower, I will have three times "Flowers" printed, which will look odd.

How can I have have "Flowers" carried forward only once in the choice text of the later question, irrespective of whether the respondent had selected all three or two or just one of the following options:

1. Hibiscus, 2. Rose, 3. Sunflower

Thanks,
Ank

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply