Daily response rate on Qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

Daily response rate on Qualtrics

• 5 November 2019
  • 3 replies

We are considering several options for the duration of the field work for the CX surveys and would like to know how the response rates look on average on days 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. The main question is, Is the volume of data collected within the first 3 days of the field work is substantially different from the 5-day period? Thanks for sharing your feedback!
icon

Best answer by AdamK12 24 February 2020, 16:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Hi @nivanova!

When you initially send out the surveys, you could include an embedded data field that contains the date that the survey was sent out. After collecting responses you can find the number of days elapsed between the send date and the response date and then analyze response rates from there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I know this is very old, but in my experience, you receive nearly all your responses within 3 days. I do not see a need for 5 days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi, @nivanova - Chiming in as well, though it is late. For a limited-term survey I agree with @Akdashboard that you will receive most of your responses in the first 3 days, but there will be a long tail. You can influence response rates by sending out a reminder message or notification. There may also be some surveys which you want to keep running permanently.

Also, it's worth noting that if you use the Site Intercept tool, you can also track display and clickthrough rates, which will give you a sense of what your funnel looks like. (Display rate --> clickthrough rate --> response/completion rate).

Hope that helps,
Adam

Leave a Reply