Is there a way to have a response option automatically trigger a phone call? | XM Community
Question

Is there a way to have a response option automatically trigger a phone call?

• 6 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
We are working on a project for suicide prevention. One of the asks is to have a particular response option trigger a phone call to a suicide prevention agency. We've found how to embed a phone number in a link so if the link is selected it prompts me to make the call, but only if I'm answering by scanning a QR code. We've also tried using the redirect to URL option in the custom end of survey section within the survey flow. Neither is working how we expect. I am sure we are missing something. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there html code (or some other code) we can use to get this closer to what we want?

1 reply

You could play around with the survey flow to force end the survey with a custom message. Ex. Respondent is asked: Are you currently considering harming yourself? and have a yes/no response. If they select yes than it ends the survey with the phone number to call a helpline. Is that sort of what you were thinking of?

Leave a Reply