Help I can't export data into a CSV file correctly | XM Community
Solved

Help I can't export data into a CSV file correctly

• 8 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Help I can't export data into a CSV file correctly. How can I get a correct display in Excel? Can anyone please help me with it?
Here you can see my data:
https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/qualtrics-us/attachment/qj_yw9h60c8yh3n.png

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by MichelleM 8 November 2019, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Do you have special characters in your data? There is a note on the export in data & analysis: This is a .csv file that can be imported into other programs. Each value in the response is separated by a comma and each response is separated by a newline character. If your responses contain special characters and you will open this export in Microsoft Excel we recommend using the TSV export. Qualtrics CSV exports use UTF-8 encoding, which Excel will not open correctly by default.
Thank you Michelle, but I have the same problem with TSV file. Yes, I have special characters in my data (French language).
Badge +1

hi! were you able to resolve this issue? I am having similar issue with Response Export Automation - people have commas and line breaks in their text entry responses, and when exporting into our database it creates additional separate rows/records (and can't specify which fields to export in Automation Export). Trying to figure out work-arounds...

Badge +1

I also have special characters on my data (Spanish) and the tsv solution works. Thank you.

Leave a Reply