How to set up a Yes/No Response and have a 5 point scale at same time. | XM Community
Question

How to set up a Yes/No Response and have a 5 point scale at same time.

• 9 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,
I am doing a research project the requires me to set up a survey type questionnaire and I have to ask the participants if they feel a particular way - YES or NO. AS WELL in the same question ask them if they do choose yes, to respond to how much they feel that way, ie - slightly, moderately, very much, totally.
I have set it up temporarily, however I have realised that I have trouble with exporting the data, as it isn't really clear if the participants said yes/no and then if they chose how much they experienced it.

I also realised that the participants could hypothetically, click every single option, ie, yes, no, slightly, moderately etc if they were being difficult. I had to allow permission for more than 1 answer to cover for the yes/no and the how much.

So, I am hoping that someone might be able to let me know if there is a way for participants to only answer yes or no. But if they answer yes, they can also answer only 1 of the 'how much' and if the participant chooses no, the are unable to click any more options for that question?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Use a side-by-side question or two separate MC questions with in-page display logic on the second.

Leave a Reply