Anyone have experience with gift card survey incentives for B2B customers? | XM Community

Anyone have experience with gift card survey incentives for B2B customers?

• 13 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I'm considering a small incentive (i.e. $10 gift card) to increase response rates. Does anyone have positive or negative experience using incentives, especially with B2B customer respondents? Did you see an increase in responses? Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
Back when I was at a full service market research firm, if we were targeting businesses (especially their higher level executives) we offered the option to (1) keep their incentive, or (2) we would donate the incentive on their behalf to their preferred charity - we also selected a default charity if they didn't want to find one on their own. The donation option seemed to appeal to people.
Badge +1
Great idea, thank you!
Badge +2
Hi Mvanwage,

Offering an incentive will definitely increase your response rate. I currently manage B2C studies, but I've worked on a number of B2B studies which did benefit from offering incentives. However, I found small incentives (such as $10 gift cards) didn't have much of an impact when targeting senior personnel. As bstrahin suggested, providing the option to donate it to charity is also helpful.

Cheers,

Elliot V.W.
Badge +1
Thanks Elliot!

Leave a Reply