Restrict access to participant response based on location | XM Community
Solved

Restrict access to participant response based on location

• 13 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
I've recently picked up responsibility for managing Qualtrics, and I am having to learn on the fly. Meanwhile I am getting some technical questions that need to be answered. Is it possible to restrict access to participant responses based on their location? We have a yearly, global employee satisfaction survey. A senior HR manager wants access for 2 of her team based in India for employees based in that region. We have 3 main user types and most HR users fall under the Employee Insight Admin user type. I want to assign them to this user type but want to restrict what information they can pull. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by Kate 18 November 2019, 17:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You can only restrict access to projects/responses according to persons, groups, or divisions. There is no way to divide up the responses themselves, only the projects. You have a couple of options...

1. Pull data for the HR manager. Is there a reason why they need the raw data? How many times would you have to pull this data for each differnt region? It might be easier to just export everything, and delete everything that doesn't pertain to this manager.
2. Create dasbhoards/reports that filter for the data specific managers need. If they just want a report, not raw data, why not just give them a report or dashboard with just the information they need?
3. Going forward, create differnt surveys for differnt regions. They can be identical, and their data can be combined later for a whole-picutre of the organizaiton, but this is the only way to ensure that within qualtrics people only have access to projects that effect them is within the platform.

Leave a Reply