Changeing label position for web vs. mobile | XM Community
Solved

Changeing label position for web vs. mobile

• 14 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

I want to find a way to make labels work optimally on web and mobile.

Since there is no out-of-the-box solution for single select multiple choice question with label above (besides the NPS question, which then needs coding if you use a 1-10 scale like I do) I have managed to find a code that makes this work on web

(< div style="text-align: center;"> På baggrund af dine samlede erfaringer med Nykredit, hvor tilfreds er du så alt i alt?</ div>
& nbsp;

<div style="float:left">Meget tilfreds</ div>

<div style="float:right">Ikke tilfreds</ div> - (code is altered with spaces so that it shows in the text field here. I am not a coder so not sure how to do it otherwise)

but on mobile it looks weird, because the labels are attached to the question field and therefore stay in the top of the scale when the scale goes vertical on mobile.

I do however, like the vertical scale on mobile and was wondering if you could get labels on the top and bottom of the vertical, when a customer answers via mobile and still remain above the scale when they answer via web?

Any help is appreciated thanks!
icon

Best answer by TomG 14 November 2019, 16:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can use an NPS question and change the scale using this script:
https://gist.github.com/marketinview/c941fc59b7ddaef8ba3b
Badge
Thanks TomG.

I was however looking to keep the vertical answer option on mobile, but have it horizontal on web/pc. This codes makes it horizontal on mobile. Is it possible to have labels on a vertical answer scale? one in each end or something? But keep the label above in the horizontal version on web/pc?

Another question:
I do however want two more answer options: one called "N/A" and one called "I never recommend companies". Can this be added to the NPS question?
You can use devie type to design scales for web and mobile and later recode the scale to same value.

Leave a Reply