Randomize from Multiple Subsets within Question | XM Community
Solved

Randomize from Multiple Subsets within Question

• 18 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Greetings!

I am asking respondents to choose between A and B in a multiple choice question.

There are 16 possible profiles I want respondents to choose from: Profiles 1-8 in Subset A, and Profiles 9-16 in Subset B. Respondents will only see one profile from A and one profile from B.

I've created the 16 profiles within the multiple choice question. Ideally, I would be able to create two Random Subsets under Advanced Randomization: Subset A, pulling from Profiles 1-8, and Subset B, pulling from Profiles 9-16. Unfortunately, Advanced Randomization only allows me to create one Random Subset.

Thoughts on how to accomplish this?
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 12 December 2019, 22:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @motorres! Current functionality does not allow for two or more subsets to be broken down within Advanced Randomization. Although you can accomplish your ask through the use of two Multiple Choice questions, we'd still recommend posting this as a new idea in the Product Ideas category!
Hi @LaurenK ,
Would you be able to provide any guidance on how one would go about accomplishing this through using two multiple choice questions like you indicated?

Thanks very much!
Jonty
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @jhal0019! If you still have questions after reviewing the linked support pages, you'll want to reach out to the Support team, as they are best equipped to help answer questions and provide support! 🙂

Leave a Reply