Creating a Survey with 3+ different individual approvals? | XM Community
Solved

Creating a Survey with 3+ different individual approvals?

• 20 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Hello fantastic Qualtrics community!
I have another question due to my limited code understanding
I am trying to build a survey that is completed by one person, and then follows a workflow and routes to other individuals, each who sign a signature field before the form moves to the next location.
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/1812/2-part-survey-that-needs-to-be-completed-by-different-people
This question was asked and the answer I am trying to build
"create 2 blocks in survey one for employee and one for HR, and for employee append your link with say employee=1 like link?employee=1
For hr use link like retake link?hr=1. Put these 2 blocks in branch logic's with employee=1 and hr=1"
I have made many surveys that just route to one person using the ?Q_R= method.
Taking the retake link and adding wvu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7apytcoqfpYw6i1?Q_R=${e://Field/ResponseID}&Q_R_DEL=1link?SBA=1
does not seem to be working. I also tried to do it with actions and triggers and couldn't figure out a way to hide the signatures for the future users. I'm sure i just don't understand the code, could someone walk me through this or explain a better way to do this? I have attached my logic as well. !

Thank you for your help and assistance!
icon

Best answer by TeachMeQualtrics 2 January 2020, 21:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'm a little fuzzy on what you're trying to do. Who are you trying to have see the signature?
I just wanted to follow up on this, as we created a solution and I hope someone in the future can use it!
First, create different blocks with sign offs or approval for each of the approval levels you would like to have. !
The Q_URL embedded data area hides the question from the user first taking the survey. I'll have a block for however many approval levels there are, so it could be 4-5 extra blocks beyond my original survey questions.
Next, go into survey flow
!
Set the approval embedded data for this area to 0, as you want anyone with a regular distribution link to be able to see this.
On this survey shown, if the PI is not the one completing the survey, it goes first to the PI by an action.
Here is what my action looks like for this email to be sent.
!
You have to be exclusionary in your conditions so each approval level doesn't get multiple emails.
The retake link in the email looks like this wvu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/yourformdatahere?Q_R=${e://Field/ResponseID}&Q_R_DEL=1&Approve=1
The approve=1 is what is telling the form what area to show to the person who has that specific link.
For the 2nd approver, I would change that approve=1 to approve=2, following the embedded data I named for it in my survey flow.
I hope this helps someone else, we spent weeks trying to solve this!
Badge +2

This is great! Are the 2nd (and other parties) able to view the signature of the first person in the workflow?

Each level can see what was entered previously, so my first approver can see what the original approver submitted, the second approver can see the first approvers signature and so on. You just have to hide the fields in the survey to embedded data includes whichever approver level should see it.

Did you find a way so that the other approvers cannot edit what the others wrote but rather just view it before they approve it?

I'm new to Qualtrics. Can you provide a more step by step guide for setting this up? I want to create a form that routes for a signature. I'd love more step by step instructions. I am getting stuck on the embedded data.

I have never done a workflow before. I tried following the instructions above but it's over my head and I'm confused. I need to go through 4 levels of approval. Once first person signs I want it to go to the next person (defined from another field that has to be filled in), and then next and then to final person who signs, saves and prints form. I set up the email tasks ok but how do I get the link into the survey to retake/or in this case sign the form and then off to the next. Any help would be appreciated.

Badge +1

Hi all, has anyone been able to figure out a way to make some blocks not visible to the second person who completes the survey? For example, I have a block that asks the first person to identify the individual who will complete the second. I dont want the second person to see that question. Thanks!

Leave a Reply