How to force participant's to authenticate each time they access their individual link. | XM Community
Question

How to force participant's to authenticate each time they access their individual link.

• 25 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I could have sworn this used to be how the authenticators work, but that is no longer the case. Now when I send out individual links participants are only prompted to authenticate the first time they click the link.

* Does anyone know if there is a way (with code or otherwise) to force the authentication prompt each time the link is clicked?
* Does anyone know if this is always how the authenticators behave?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Most likely this can be resolved by un-clicking "Save and Continue" in the Survey Options. If that is clicked, the browser gets cookied and the survey loads right up where they left off. If that is not clicked, they would be forced to start from the beginning, which is where I assume your authetnicator clock is located.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@Akdashboard I would still like the progress to be saved in addition to being prompted for authentication each time. Currently I have "save and continue" unchecked but in the Authenticator options I have "reload any previously saved progress upon authentication" checked.

uhrxx005 Did you find any solution for this issue? I'm experiencing the same behaviour... I have the Save and Continue option disabled (according to Qualtrics advice) and all the options checked on the Authenticator menu...

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Qualtrics added a 3rd option box to the authenticator now called "Require respondents to authenticate again if they resume their session later" which is supposed to do this. In my experience it has been a bit buggy.

Leave a Reply