Slider handle/display value | XM Community
Solved

Slider handle/display value

• 26 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
Hello, I have used a Custom Start Position for a slider question – is there a way to have the numeric value of the start position shown just above the slider handle?
icon

Best answer by ElliotVW 2 December 2019, 17:18

View original

6 replies

Badge +2
Hi Elitza_17,

You can get it to display the numeric value above the slider handle by enabling "show value" under options when you've selected the question.

https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/qualtrics-us/attachment/v3_p1lkcxwuvhzs.png - show value is highlighted yellow

However, Qualtrics will only display the value when the respondent is using the slider. Your respondents will always need to use the slider, and thus always see the current selected value, if you enable force response under the validation options. If you'd like it to display even when it's not in use, you'll probably need to add some custom code. I'd recommend posting in the Custom Code sub-forum if you need help with that (https://www.qualtrics.com/community/categories/custom-code-developer-corner).

Hope that helps!

Elliot V.W.
Badge +1
Dear @ElliotVW ,

Thank you very much for your kind help! That’s exactly what I’ve done – “show value” and “force response”. However, I would like to have the value displayed above the slider bar the moment the question is shown… I guess I need custom code as you suggested - I will try posting the question in the sub-forum. Thank you very much for the advice!

Best wishes,
Elitza

Dear Elitza_17,
I have the exact same issue, did you manage to solve the problem with custom code?
Thank you!
Best regards!
Robert

Badge +1

Hi Robert,
I am sorry, I have somehow missed your question. I guess you have solved the issue by now, but if you still need an answer, I am happy to send you what worked for me.

Best wishes,
Elitza

Badge +4

Dear Elitza,
I am also dealing with the same issue, could you please share your code?
Thank you so much,
Tom

Badge +1

Hi Tom,

here is the code, I have used, for me the starting value is 95

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
var left1 = document.getElementById('QID73~1~handle').style.left;
document.getElementById('QID73~1~toolTip').style.left = left1;
document.getElementById('QID73~1~toolTip').style.top = '-84px';
document.getElementById('QID73~1~toolTipBox').innerHTML = '95';
});

Hope it helps!

Best wishes,
Elitza

Leave a Reply