Is it possible to have multiple survey takers work together on the same (single instance) survey? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to have multiple survey takers work together on the same (single instance) survey?

• 2 December 2019
  • 3 replies

For example, if we need multiple respondents from the same company to answer different sections of the same survey, is this possible with Qualtrics? Thank you!
icon

Best answer by MatthewM 2 December 2019, 23:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30
Hi @jdrew ,

I have several surveys that are often completed by a team. Yes, it is possible for multiple people to use the same link to complete a survey. There are some limitations to be aware of, however:

* Only one person should be using the individual link at a time; otherwise, one person's responses may be lost as the other navigates through the survey (even if they are working in different pages/sections).

* Although the Research Core has a Table of Contents feature that allows respondents to navigate by section rather than page by page, it is somewhat unstable and limits the use of other features. As a result, I would suggest not using it, so your respondents will have to navigate page by page.

* Best practice is probably to send the link to one main contact person, and have that person coordinate the sharing of the link, survey completion, and submission, on their end.

* Especially if the survey is long, respondents like to have a preview of the survey to refer to so they don't have to navigate through it to find out all of the question. It helps to either post a PDF of the blank survey at the beginning or share it by email or some other way.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Thank you, @MatthewM. This is really helpful. I've got a few follow up questions, if you have a minute...

1- Is it possible to lock surveys for a specific user? (Given that only one user should be answering at a time). Possible by API?

2- Can you Authenticate respondents by SSO when using the individual link?

3- Does the concept of a team/group exist in Qualtrics? And do you subscribe your users/respondents their team by API?
or
Do you just manage that grouping outside of Qualtrics?

Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +30
Sure, glad to help.

1 and 2 are beyond what I've tried to do in Qualtrics. If I follow, it sounds like you're trying to authenticate every member of each organization completing the survey. Sorry, I don't know if something like that is possible; if no one here can shed any more light, you might reach out to your customer success rep and see if it's something a partner can custom engineer.

3. I don't believe the concept of a respondent team or group exists in Qualtrics. In my use case, I deal with one contact person per organization, who then coordinates the completion of the survey with their team as needed and as best fits their organization. (That part of the process is not uniform across all organizations in my case; although some will complete the survey as a team, the survey will be completed at other organizations by just one person.)

If you have contact lists for each person in each organization who is responsible for completing the various sections and your highest priority is to authenticate the respondents individually, your best bet in Qualtrics might be to break up each section into its own survey.

Leave a Reply