How to allow only one reply per Embedded Data Value? | XM Community
Solved

How to allow only one reply per Embedded Data Value?

• 4 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies
Hi,

In the following case:
We want to send a survey to our customers.
We want to send it using our Marketing Automation tool, not Qualtrics, because our customer data already flows into the Marketing Automation tool automatically.
We want only ONE reply per customer. We will ensure the Marketing tool only sends the mail to one contact person, but that person could forward this to other people. If someone from that customer already filled the survey, we don't want a second response to be allowed.
The survey response can be anonymous on personal level (email address), though we need to capture the customer code so we to which company this reply belongs.
We want as little manual effort as possible, so preferably no downloads of contact lists from the Marketing tool to upload in Qualtrics.

I was thinking to solve this by using the Anonymous url in the mail of the Marketing tool, and have the marketing tool append a variable to the url with the Customer Code, so like https://survey.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_survey?CustomerCode=ABCD
The only thing of the requirements that this doesn't cover is the "one reply per customer".
I tried using Quota, but I can't figure out how to create a rule that allows for only one occurance of each VALUE of an embedded data field (so if CustomerCode ABCD already occurs, a second entry of ABCD should be refused, but code EFGH doesn't occur yet so is fine).
I thought of an Authenticator, but that required a manual upload of the allowed codes to Qualtrics, so when we get new customers each time manual effort is required.

Does anyone have an idea how this could be done?

Thanks,
Joyca
icon

Best answer by JenCX 4 December 2019, 21:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
The easiest way I can think of to do this is via Individual links. You'll have to create your personal links and upload into your automation tool but I can't think of any way that you can do this and still avoid uploading anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks @JenCX , Individual links also came up in my thoughts, but that requires two manual uploads, first the list of contacts from Marketing into Qualtrics (because you need contacts to be able to create individual links), and then the list of individual links from Qualtrics to Marketing... And for each recurrence of the survey again for uploading the new customers... So then an Authenticator is less work as it requires just one upload. But when an automatic authentication fails, the customer does see the actual authenticator screen... and the error message saying they already completed the survey doesn't seem to be changeable either 😞 (so something like "someone in your organization already completed the survey")
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
You can change the authenticator failed message. It is under "options" for the authenticator block in your survey flow. It is called "Authenticator Error Text".
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@Akdashboard , it's not a case of failed authentication. It's a successfull authentication, but the authenticated user has already completed the survey.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
*NEVERMIND* Tested and it doesn't work with the authenticator.

Ah, my mistake.

Have you tried messing this with option?
!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the suggestions and testing them Akdashboard.

Leave a Reply