Weight responses to total > 100% | XM Community
Question

Weight responses to total > 100%

• 5 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hi everyone,

I have a survey where total population counts are more relevant than percentages. I'm going to have nearly 100% of the population in my sample but I'm sure will come up a little short. I would love for Qualtrics' report visualizations to show inferred population counts per response option rather than either a percentage or the response count from the sample.

Conceptually, I could achieve this by weighting some variable that applied to all respondents (like finished = true) to whatever greater than 100% weighting would get my sample size to equal my population size. But... Qualtrics won't let you weight to more than 100%.

Any suggestions for how to achieve this within the Qualtrics platform? I have StatsIQ but not Dashboards, in case that's relevant.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
If I'm reading correctly, you aren't looking to weight so much as you are looking to increase what it shows as the response count, correct?

If so you may be best to run your reports figure out your percentages and then manually add responses that are in line with the percentages. It's possible but I have not tried that you could add a field of "Manual" (yes/no). Add some manual responses to get you to the right population count and then weight the Manual = Yes to 0% and Manual = No to 100%. This would allow you to add the people in your population who didn't respond with fake data and then weight their responses no nothing. Not sure if it would work but might be worth a try.

Leave a Reply