Automatic Customized Report containing bar charts and graphs | XM Community
Question

Automatic Customized Report containing bar charts and graphs

• 6 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone!

I am working on a project and have a question about whether I can automatically create customized reports for my participants based on their responses after they complete the survey. I know how to use Action and/or email trigger to pipe information from their responses and use the Scoring function to create a basic customized report summarizing their responses. However, I am looking to see if I can do something similar to the 'Reporting' function but instead of providing a summary report of the entire survey responses, I want to only display individual responses.

The idea here is that participants will complete the survey and in the end, they will see their summary of their responses in graphs, bar charts, a summary of feedback responses depending on their responses (I am thinking about setting branch-if to provide them specific feedback based on their scores compared to specific standardized scores).

I am not familiar with Javascript or Web Service, but I am willing to learn and explore any possible options.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you very much!

1 reply

Badge +5
Yes, you can do this with javascript. All the recipient's responses, including scoring are available. You just need to populate the content of a text/graphic question to produce a custom report. You can use Google Charts or other free web graphing tools to create your charts.

Note that you need to prompt the user to go to the Next page in order to capture any final data on the last question.

Leave a Reply