Can Qualtrics be used for polls, in which audience can add choices? | XM Community
Solved

Can Qualtrics be used for polls, in which audience can add choices?

• 6 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 216 replies
As the title sais.
Can you use Qualtrics for a poll, where people can add their own choices, that others can vote on?
Like:
"What movie will we watch tonight?"
- James Bond (3 votes)
- Star Wars (1 vote)
- [Add your choice]

Kr,
Joyca
icon

Best answer by mklubeck 6 December 2019, 14:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8
I can think of a way to make this work using a Contact List. you would have to do a Contact List Authentication and a Contact List Trigger. You would want to set a limit though.

Idea 1: First query everyone for what movies should be in the top 100. Then after a set date, resend to all voters with the list of choices to pick the top 5
Idea 2: More to what you are doing... Create your list of choices and include an Other (or add it as a new question - "Who did we miss?"). The last N choices in your question would be empty (and therefore not display). Pull these choices from a contact list. As people add "what you missed" choices, they get added to the Contact List via the trigger. They would then show for the next person. You likely would have to set a limit when reached you stop allowing additions or the list could become unruly (way too long?). Happy to step through it with you if you want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ok, thanks @mklubeck. So, possible, but not straightforward. Not like for example Facebook polls or Polly.
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
@JoycaV Not that I know of. Perhaps someone else knows another way to get 'er done. I find that just about anything I want to do, I can. But it takes a little finagling.

Leave a Reply