Change multiple choice selection based on other selection | XM Community
Solved

Change multiple choice selection based on other selection

• 9 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
The title might use some help, but here's the situation.

I have a multiple choice question with the following options:
1. Prices
2. Available types of products
3. Color options
4. Style options
5. I don't know
6. Everything
7. Nothing

What I'd like is, if someone has "everything" selected, I want any other select to go unchecked. For example, if someone checks "prices" and then "everything," I want "prices" to uncheck itself. Same goes for the "nothing" option. If someone selects the first three options and then selects "nothing," I want the first three options to automatically uncheck themselves.
icon

Best answer by ElliotVW 9 December 2019, 17:32

View original

2 replies

Badge +2
Hi BSweet,

If you want this to happen on the same page as the question, I'd use the "make answer exclusive" function. To access it, click the nothing or everything option in the survey and then click the blue box with a white triangle that appears on the right hand side of it. The make answer exclusive option is found in the dropdown menu that will then appear. Here is a screenshot so you can see for yourself if I was unclear - https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/qualtrics-us/attachment/om_8je59t88o1ud.png

If you wanted to do this for questions later in the survey, I'd use the carry forward choices or display logic functions. I can go into further detail about those if you need it.

Cheers,

Elliot V.W.
Badge +1
@ElliotVW - That was perfect. Worked exactly as expected. Thank you!

Leave a Reply