Unfolding additional options in a multiple select if answers are selected. | XM Community
Question

Unfolding additional options in a multiple select if answers are selected.

• 9 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi there!

Is it somehow possible, that certain answers in a multiple selection question will only unfold (i.e., are shown) as soon as a certain answer is selected? For example:

Question: Which attribute of our product did you like the most?

a.) Color
[following answer options will unfold if "Color" is selected right beneath the option "Color". Ideally, they would be exclusively]
a.1) Blue
a.2) Green
a.3) Yellow

b.) Material
[following answer options will unfold if "Material" is selected right beneath the option "Color". Ideally, they would be exclusively]
b.1) Wood
b.2) Plastic
b.3) Metal

Is this somehow possible? I tried to play around a little with "multiple selection" questions and "categories". But it didn't really work out.

If it's not possible on default. Anyone knows some Java Script to get this to work?

Best
walli

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Have you tried the "drill down" question type before. I think this could work but would take some slight altering of your question pattern and the original intent.

!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Drill Down is a good option.

Another option is to use Display Logic and tick the In Page option - have one multiple choice question with Color & Material and use display logic to display more relevant questions in the page if an option is selected/deselected.

Hope that helps.

Nikolay

Leave a Reply