Carry forward from matrix table | XM Community
Solved

Carry forward from matrix table

• 12 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I have a matrix table (bipolar type) with 10 statements, each with 2 scale points and 2 labels. When I carry forward the selected statements into the next question they appear on the screen with the following text between them:

Statement1||QBipolarDelim||Statement2

where Statement1 and Statment2 are my first and second statement respectively.

If anyone has any clues about how to solve this display/formatting issue, that would be great.

Ideally, I was hoping only to carry forward the single selected statement (i.e. as I have 2 scale points the user is forced to pick 1 statement). Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Paul
icon

Best answer by TomG 13 December 2019, 15:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Instead of using carry forward you can make each left and right statement a choice and use display logic based on recodes.
Dear Tom,

Thanks for the advice. Sorry if I am being silly, but could you let me know how to go about making each left and right statement a choice from a matrix table? I've had a look at the options and can't see where to do this.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Paulyc said:
> Dear Tom,
>
> Thanks for the advice. Sorry if I am being silly, but could you let me know how to go about making each left and right statement a choice from a matrix table? I've had a look at the options and can't see where to do this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Paul

If your Bipolar is:
Left1 | Right1
Left2 | Right2
etc.

Then the choices/statements in your follow-up question would be:
Left1
Right1
Left2
Right2
etc.

They aren't carried forward; you use display logic on each one based on the answers to the previous question.
Thanks for your help Tom. Much appreciated!
Hi folks,

Sorry to bring this one up again. However, when I list each of the statements in the following question and try to use display logic it does not give me the option to select _either _of the statements from the bipolar choice. It simply gives me the option to select Left1|Right1 (i.e. both statements from either side of the bipolar choice).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Leave a Reply