Adding headlines in Ranking Questions. | XM Community
Question

Adding headlines in Ranking Questions.

• 5 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi everyone,

I have a quiet tricky problem and wanted to ask, if someone knows a solution for the following:

I have a large list of countries, where participants are supposed to select the most important ones and drop them in order of importance into the ranking box (i.e., 40 items and only one "group box" where the countries shall be dragged and dropped). The problem is, due to the overwhelming amount of countries, we would like to set headlines within the "Items" area, so that it is easier for respondents to find the country they need.

For example, we begin with all countries in Europe. There should be a bold headline above the European countries, that is not a draggable item, and simply states European Countries. Then a second headline above the other items saying Other regions and then again a few draggable items, e.g., USA, Asia, etc.

Happy for any help!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
While you can assign items to a group in some question types, Pick, Group and Rank isn't one of them. Therefore, you'll need someone to help you with some custom code but I also encourage you to submit a Feature Request for this. It'd be a handy addition!

Leave a Reply