How to test SSO before sending to client? | XM Community
Solved

How to test SSO before sending to client?

• 10 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi

I was just wondering if there is a way to test SSO functionality on CX program (on desktop, mobile XM app, etc.) before sending to the client for verification? For example, we have a client that is telling us that when users attempt to login to the XM app with SSO they are receiving a pop-up demanding a password. Now, my instinct is that the users are not clicking on organization login, but as far as I know I have no way to definitively prove that using organization login won't do this as I can't provide credentials for the SSO login. Surely there is a way to test, and this isn't just implemented blindly and then we just hope that it is working?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by MattBroffman_Orlando 10 January 2020, 13:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

If they are saying they are seeing the wrong login screen, you can test that by entering the organization ID and seeing where it sends you. You should be able to tell the difference between their SSO or the qualtrics login screen (it will show the url at the top too).
If you want to test that logging in is redirecting them back to the app authenticated (without a pop-up), you will need credentials on their SSO. Often times they can create a test account with only access to this application.
The only other way to test would be to use your own test SSO service. OKTA for example has free trials. This could help you make sure your configuration is right but if it works, it's not going to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
ok thank you! @MattBroffman_Orlando

Leave a Reply