Is there a way to send an e-mail notification that a survey invitation has been sent? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to send an e-mail notification that a survey invitation has been sent?

• 16 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
In an effort to boost response rates for a particular survey, I need to be able to notify the customer's POC within my company that a survey invitation has been sent. Ideally, the notification should include the customer's unique survey link. That way, our staff will be able to reach out directly to their customer, asking them to complete their survey. I can't see a way to do this in Qualtrics - is it possible?
icon

Best answer by ChrisLawton 3 June 2020, 00:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
I don't think you can do this in Qualtrics from what I've seen....but what you can do is download your distribution history from your survey distributions, which will contain the customer's name, email, and individual survey link (depending on if your embedded data fields for this information is FIrstName, LastName, and Email). Once you have that information outside of Qualtrics, you can create a mail merge in Word and send this individual information out to your staff by their emails.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks for your response Heith! I thought of this too, but the distribution download doesn't contain my embedded data files - just the customer info and link - so it's not possible for me to use Mail Merge to send the notifications to the team members associated with each customer. Are you able to get those fields included when you download the distribution history?
Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Just a quick update... I was able to design a process, but I have to download the contact list in order to get all of the embedded data fields, then merge that in with the distribution history, and finally use a mail merge to send out e-mail notifications. It works, and is much faster than doing this manually, but is a bit of a convoluted workaround.

Leave a Reply