Not pulling email from survey | XM Community
Solved

Not pulling email from survey

• 17 January 2020
  • 8 replies

I have a survey where I am trying to create an action email to pull the email from a survey question and send a response.

However it is failing constantly and I do not know why and one time it succeeded!
!

Any advice?
Thanks!!
icon

Best answer by MattBroffman_Orlando 17 January 2020, 18:01

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30
Hi @Amaraian ,

It's unlikely, but the only other thing I would rule out is the possibility that respondents are entering invalid emails.

However, I see that even the one action that did successfully complete took over 15 minutes to do so. Something must be going on behind the curtain. I think this is an issue you should escalate to Qualtrics Support to look into.
@MatthewM

I am currently the only participant, so I know I am entering a valid email.

I have emailed support.

Thank you!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Also, click on the Information icon next to the "Failed' often towards the end of the code under "Task Output" it will tell you why it failed...in somewhat plain English...other times is just tells you it failed. 😞 Support will probably want this information anyway.
@MattBroffman_Orlando

Thanks, I didn't know I could see why.

However it just states ""needRetry": false,
"name": "TaskHandlerError",
"message": "There were validation errors. Correct the errors and try again. Fields with errors: recipient.emails[0]""

And I'm not sure how to correct the error in recipient email.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Ohhh.. I THINK you are pulling in "question text" versus the response to the question. Go back into the action and pick the other options and not "Question Text"

Also, in the survey make sure you have validation turned on for that question to validate it's an email address.
I will try that now.

I do have validation on let me see what happens

Thanks!
It worked!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +30
Good catch @MattBroffman_Orlando !

Leave a Reply