Tag and Group Questions for Reporting and Dashboards | XM Community
Solved

Tag and Group Questions for Reporting and Dashboards

• 20 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
Hello -

I want to tag individual questions (not responses) with certain attributes so I can roll-up the responses under each group. For example - 10 questions, 5 relate to training, 5 relate to testing. I want to be able provide overall results for Training, and overall results for Testing, then drill into for the individual questions.

Setting embedded data appears to be at the response level, and so does bucketing. I want to avoid building logic that requires me to select each potential response for each question (ex. If they say Yes to Q1 or if they No to Q1 or if they say N/A to Q1, set embedded data to 😵.

Is there a clean way to tag and group questions that can be reported on and built into dashboards?

Thanks,

Cosmo

Mark Gately
Project Manager
Becton Dickinson
icon

Best answer by Cosmo 21 January 2020, 23:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18
Did you try using scoring?
Badge +2
Thank you for the response. I'm not clear on how scoring would help me group and tag questions. Can you elaborate please?
Userlevel 4
Badge +18
Lets say you have 10 Multiple choice questions(Single select) - 5 for training and 5 for testing. You can now create two scoring groups (training and testing) and map relevant questions. You can set your desired scoring for each individual question option. (for eg, X for yes, Y for no, Y for N/A, etc.)
Now when a response is taken, the overall score for that scoring category is generated automatically.
Badge +2
Hello. Yes, I can see how this would work and will give it a try. Thanks so much.

Cosmo

Mark Gately
Project Manager
Becton Dickinson

Leave a Reply