Creating a response rate in dashboard | XM Community
Solved

Creating a response rate in dashboard

• 20 January 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to have a widget calculate the response rate i am getting for a survey. the way i want to calculate this response rate is #of responses/ (#survey sent - #bounce) i don't want to include the # of bounced emails since the survey would never have reached them. has anybody created something like this or something similar?
icon

Best answer by Inessa_Gelman 20 January 2020, 19:30

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
We created a custom metric for this
!
Userlevel 4
Badge +18
Set up a respondent funnel for the brand account and enable it prior to collecting responses. You will get all relevant fields( # emails bounced, emails sent, etc.) added automatically when you create a respondent funnel.
You will find all details here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/widgets/xm-directory-respondent-funnel/
Userlevel 1
> @Inessa_Gelman said:
> We created a custom metric for this
> !
>

Which widget is that?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@SD123 you're working within the Vocalize/CX dashboards? Then custom metrics are in the dashboard settings. The calculation is done there by creating this metric. Then you can just use that metric in any of the widgets on the dashboard.
Badge +1

How can I see the combined response rate for multiple surveys that I have sent in the past?

Badge

@Inessa_Gelman can you advise how your team created the "survey started distribution metric"? I think you guys must have created a few things before this step. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Christine_Steff You first need to map the Funnel Data to your dashboard data. Go to Settings --> Dashboard Data --> Add Source, and select External Datasources --> Funnel Data.
You then need to add at several of the key fields to the data mapping - see below, these are not all-inclusive, just examples:
image.png
Once you have these fields saved in your Dashboard Data, go to Custom Metrics.
The fields have changed since the original post, here are the current formulas I have in place:
image.png

Badge

@Inessa_Gelman thank you for this detailed comment. I think I need to go back even a step further as I do not have the Funnel Data option as an external source.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Talk to your rep to get it enabled on your brand. Unfortunately, you won't be able to report on anything prior to it being turned on. Don't ask me why Qualtrics doesn't just turn it on by default.....

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Inessa_Gelman thank you for the detailed above explanation. Is there a way to calculate the response rate = Number of people who completed the survey / total number of people you sent it to x 100? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

GabyS yes, you can see the formula I'm using in one of the above posts with the screenshot.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Inessa,
Thanks for the prompt response. It seemed to me the formula you posted will yield the number of surveys completed as a percentage of the emails sent. So, if you send reminders, will they be counted as emails sent? I am looking for the number of people that answered the survey as a percentage of the total people I sent the survey to, regardless of how many reminders I sent to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

This formula will give you what you're looking for. It doesn't count the reminders in that formula.

Leave a Reply