Can CSV export be adjusted to use a comma for decimals? (as is commonly used in Europe) | XM Community

Can CSV export be adjusted to use a comma for decimals? (as is commonly used in Europe)

• 31 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
When I export a widget into CSV the decimal place is a "." and since my laptop was setup in the UK my Excel can read this perfectly well and calculations can be performed without making any changes. However, our program has a lot of users in Europe where the "," is more common and so when they see "0.8321" (for example) their Excel doesn't recognise this as a number - it is expecting "0,8321".

It's probably not realistic to suggest they change their global Excel settings since I imagine in any other context all numbers will come in the expected format.

Is there anything within Qualtrics that can change the format of the number? I imagine customers have faced this issue before?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Under Export Data/CSV/More Options, check the "Use commas for decimals" box.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks @TomG. I see this when I am in my survey project on the Data & Analysis tab, but when I am in Vocalize and want to export a widget I don't have this option. Is it available in Vocalize?

Leave a Reply