Alternative to opt-in survey upon site exit for mobile? | XM Community

Alternative to opt-in survey upon site exit for mobile?

• 4 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I'm using the opt-in survey upon exit however the pop under will not work on mobile devices. What's the best way to set this up for mobile devices? I need to survey our consumers when they leave our site-not when they're in the middle.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
The best way would be if there was an exit-intent on mobile (user scrolls up a little to show URL bar). I only see exit-intent using the mouse. I'd suggest adding "Mobile Exit Intent" as a feature request/product idea.

Alternatively, I have seen people ask for users in the middle of an experience if they'd like to give feedback and then collect e-mail or phone and then when the user leaves, send an email or SMS with the survey.
Badge +2

Hello,
My need is for both desktop and mobile users to answer why they're leaving us so soon with a small survey.
Pop-under had difficulties, even for desktop testers. (Did not pop on exit and not mobile adjusting).
We chose Responsive Dialog with display on "Exit intent". It is only applicable for desktop users and is not user friendly because it's a bit invasive (plus created a bug opening blank tabs for testers who agreed to answer survey).
I don't know JavaScript, but I guess writing a code for the intercept to show when users exit early web pages should be possible. Waiting for Community to comment on my request. Only partial answers...
Another problem is our pages are a stand alone app embedded at business partners' own websites, so java envolves our dev+IT and each partner's Dev and IT teams...

QUALTRICS teams, please hlep!

Leave a Reply