Trying to embed Matrix Question Statement in Emails | XM Community
Question

Trying to embed Matrix Question Statement in Emails

• 12 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello call. I am hoping someone might have an idea that helps me solve my problem. So far I have not found the right combination of question IDs, answer IDs, and Choice Link.

What I am trying to do is embed a mini, single question in my Qualtrics emails. The goal is the recipient is more likely to click an answer, it takes them to the survey, and then prefills the answer to the question (it is not the first question in my survey).

I have reviewed all the help articles I can find. I have no problems embedding a tall or wide question for single answer multiple choice questions. I then use the HTML view to update the QID, AnswerDescriptionIDs, etc.

What is not working is for a matrix question statement (I only want 1 of them). Qualtrics support advises the function is not available for matrix. I think I can get it to work. I was able to get the statement itself to look like a question, and include the AnswerDescription to label the embedded buttons Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree. But I cannot get the ${l://ChoiceLink/QID185/34} to bring the selected response to prefill the question. It should be heading to the ChoiceSelection, specifically for QID185_1 (which is choice description 1). As an example, attached is the HTML table for my email. I highlighted the areas causing me trouble.

Anyone have ideas, thoughts, ways to force fit this for my needs?

1 reply

Hello Jeremy,
I'm having the same issue here... Link works to get to the survey but I'm not able to prefill the question. Did you manage to find a creative solution?
Thanks!

Leave a Reply