Can survey responses be "embargoed" for a period of time? | XM Community
Solved

Can survey responses be "embargoed" for a period of time?

• 13 February 2020
  • 4 replies

I would like to pre-register a study, but would already be all set to start data collection. Would it be possible to activate the survey and make the responses inaccessible, e.g. for a certain period of time or until a certain number of people have completed the survey?
icon

Best answer by MatthewM 13 February 2020, 23:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30
Hi @mdelrio ,

Can you explain a little more what you mean by "pre-register", and who you want the responses to be inaccessible to? If the survey is in your account, you should have ultimate control over who has access to the data and sees the reports, and when they can do so.
In academic research, pre-registration entails specifying the analysis plans and recording these decisions, ideally before any data is collected - it basically makes any results more credible.
My question was whether I could make the survey responses inaccessible _to myself _ for a pre-specified period of time (i.e. while I complete the pre-registration). This way I could start data collection and still state that I do not have access to it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +30
I see. As I understand Qualtrics, that doesn't seem possible, but perhaps other academic users know of a workaround. If you had a colleague or a third party who could operate the pre-reg in their own account, then transfer to your account at the appropriate time, that would work within the default Qualtrics configuration. Otherwise I don't know how Qualtrics could support that. Good luck finding a solution!
That seems to be the only workaround, thank you!

Leave a Reply