Creating parent topics for a Vocalize dashboard based on Current Page URLs | XM Community

Creating parent topics for a Vocalize dashboard based on Current Page URLs

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 295 replies
I'm looking to create a set of parent topics, based on current page URLs. I've seen documentation on how to do this in TextIQ based on verbatim feedback but can't find any for using an embedded data field in the survey. Any suggestions from the Community? I know it can be done because a former colleague created this capability and I am trying to reverse engineer it. Thanks in advance!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I think you need to do this in the Dashboard Data section using the drilldown field type. Your top field is your URL field, then your next field(s) is/are your TextiQ topics.

Make sense?

Also, might help if you sent a screenshot of what you are working backwards from. Both the widget and how the widget is built will be telling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It does, @Akdashboard -- let me try that and I will write again if that doesn't seem to work. Thanks very much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Akdashboard If it helps, this is the field that I am trying to duplicate (from the Dashboard Data section in Vocalize):
!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
And what does the widget look like? I am failing to see how a multi-answer field can be used as a drill down with TextiQ.

Is he just using this field as a filter? Maybe one that you click in 1 widget that then filters a different widget?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes, using the field (in this case, an embedded data field for the Current Page that the site intercept fires on), which is used to drill down and generate a count for each relevant domain or subdomain. I'm thinking maybe creating a separate field for each subdomain that would capture the relevant text?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I think you are still not providing some context here. Is "Site History (Text) - Pare..." part of a a drill down data field? You only sent the limited image, so I can't tell.

I wouldn't recommend creating separate fields for each sub-domain because you need to point to a single field and display the given values in it. You can't map multiple fields to a single line, if that makes sense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Akdashboard It does make sense -- thanks. I am creating a drill-down field but in the process of figuring out how to indicate a specific item in a url. For example, if one respondent completes a survey on "current page" embedded data field www.domain.com/xxxx and another completes a survey on "current page" embedded data field www.domain.com/yyyy, I want to segment responses for "xxxx" and "yyyy".
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
There is a slew of ways to do this, depending on what is best/easiest with how your stuff is setup.

If the survey is going out, and has been for a while, you could do the drilld own like I suggested ealier and recode the field so that www.domain.com/xxxx = xxxx and www.domain.com/yyyy = yyyy. I assume just for the same of cleaner presentation?

Check out this page for recoding: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/vocalize/dashboard-settings-cx/dashboard-data/recoding-values/
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Akdashboard At long last, I figured this out thanks to your insight, and the help of my colleagues here.

Again, to refresh, we had set an embedded data field to capture the current page URL (in other words, the webpage where the survey intercept fired). We wanted to use this to segment responses by the digital products each of these URLs represent. So here's what I did:

Within the Vocalize dashboard, on the Dashboard Data field, I created an Open Text field matched to the "Current Page" embedded data field.

Within the TextIQ tab for the Dashboard, and within the open text field I just created, I created a set of topics linked to each respective URL.

Finally, within the dashboard itself, I created a widget for the open text field, populated with the set of topics I had just created.

Just wanted to thank you again and to let you know that the solution was actually quite straightforward, once I figured it out!
Badge +3

This is great info, I'm finding a challenge with creating a topic, but creating parent topics that can't have the same name. As a result, I've got to redo them all or at least some, that way I can showcase in a dashboard

Leave a Reply