I am having accessibility issue with the Matrix Table question | XM Community
Solved

I am having accessibility issue with the Matrix Table question

• 19 February 2020
  • 9 replies

The accessibility checker has taken umbrage with my Matrix Table questions and will not allow me to save or publish my survey. It is, of course, not directing me to what it is about my question set up that is goes against accessibility guidelines, just that it is not “mobile-friendly”. I have previewed the survey in mobile view and it works fine. Can anyone help as it's totally blocking me from creating my survey(s).
Thanks
icon

Best answer by deutchma 19 February 2020, 16:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Matrix Questions are not Accessible. Is the Allow Non-Accessible Surveys Permission Enabled on Your Account?
Hi
That makes sense! Where would I find the option to 'allow non-accessible' surveys?
Thanks
Sam
Userlevel 3
Badge
Sam,

If you are a Brand Admin for your organizations Brand it will be in your user settings. If you are not you will need to contact your organizations Brand Admin. They may have policies about enabling this permission.

Best,

Lisa
Excellent, thank you. Very helpful.
Sam
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Sampad Not sure what accessibility requirements are in the UK for websites, but in the US we have Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act which requires that Federal agencies like ours have accessible content -- which means we can't do animations and other more visually complicated questions. It may be worth checking on that front as well, even if your matrix question is displaying when you allow inaccessible surveys.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You're most welcome, @Sampad!
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

We are having the people to use the side by side questions instead of Matrix since I have non accessible questions turned off.
Here is the video showing how to setup the questions
https://youtu.be/cJoVckRngoY

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

It's also worth noting that while matrix questions are not the most accessible, in small numbers and if the answer choices/questions are sufficiently simple, they can work in small numbers. I would not have more than one matrix question in a survey, and limit it to three or four questions within it.

Leave a Reply