Could the respondents in Qualtrics survey be cross-cultural? | XM Community
Solved

Could the respondents in Qualtrics survey be cross-cultural?

Hello! I just want to know whether Qualtrics could help distribute questionnaire to entrepreneurs who have cross-culture backgrounds (who have once been abroad for business or education)? Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Kate 3 March 2020, 14:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61
Hi Leon, can you please describe your question in greater detail? I'm not really following what you're trying to do or achieve.
Thank sin advance
-Mattias
Hi Mattias, Thank you for paying attention! I want to conduct an online survey using Qualtrics service and I want all my respondents to be cross-cultural entrepreneurs, that is, businessmen who have previous experience of studying or doing business abroad. Is it feasible with the help of "Qualtrics online sample"? If so, who should I contact?
Thank you so much!
Leon
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
@Leon Chat with Qualtrics Research Services. My go-to person to connect me to resources like that is my Customer Success Rep- they always find me someone to talk to in a day or two.

From your platform, click "Help" and "Contact Support". On the lower left hand corner is the contact information of your support team. Shoot them an email and let them know you want to talk to Qualtrics Research Services' about panel feasibility! The person they put you in contact with should be able to help.

!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Leon You're asking one of the best questions you could possibly ask. (That's why I've flagged it as a "genius" question and upvoted it.). And I think there are two questions that result:
1. How can you create a survey that will let you determine the degree to which your respondents are cross-cultural. You may be able to use the Qualtrics online sample/panel to create a set of respondents that will fit the bill, or you can construct one yourself. It's hard for me to say which is best for your own situation, but that's the approach I would take.
2. How do you define "cross-cultural entrepreneur"? I would conduct this exercise before beginning your survey so that you know what parameters are important, either in the samples you select or the segmentations you create based on your survey. (And the survey, not the segmentation or data set, may be how you determine this.) Things to consider include:
--How much experience studying and doing business abroad: What are your indicators? (For example, MBA institution? Is it relevant that they have MBAs? How are you measuring level of experience? And how would you account for entrepreneurship as opposed to other business activities)
--Language: is being multilingual an indicator of being cross-cultural? What languages are important? (English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese, Japanese, Hindi, etc.)
--Also, it's worth noting that cross-cultural doesn't necessarily mean "international". For example, living in the United States, there are many cultural differences that exist across regions, socioeconomic classes, ethnicity, etc, even though we share a common language and common borders.

Hope that helps! You may also want to check out the Market Research portion of the community, where you may find some really good ideas.

Leave a Reply