Update on X4: The Experience Management Summit

EmilyEmily Seattle, WACommunity Administrator Administrator
edited March 4 in X4 Connect

Update on X4: The Experience Management Summit

The health and safety of our customers, employees, and partners is our highest priority. Given the state of Coronavirus (COVID-19) globally, we are rescheduling X4 to early fall.

X4 London and Sydney will also be postponed. Details on those events will be shared as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our attendees. At Qualtrics we have amazing customers and partners, which is always on full display during X4. Our incredible line-up of speakers and entertainers have been incredibly gracious during this time. We appreciate your understanding and willingness to work with us through this process.

The world’s largest experience management event, with 16,000 attendees, is being moved to later this year in order to provide the experience that our customers, partners, and employees expect and deserve. We look forward to providing an amazing X4 for everyone in early fall.

FAQ

What happens to my current X4 registration?
All existing X4 registrations will be automatically applied to the new X4 date. We look forward to hosting the largest gathering of experience professionals in the world in early fall 2020. If you won your current registration through Qualtrics XM Community, your registration will still roll over. Please reach out to @LaurenK if you have questions about the pass you won.

What about the community events you scheduled, like the Product Innovation Hub, Lunch Roundtable Discussions, and the Qualtrics XM Community Happy Hour?
Those will still be happening in the fall. :smile:

When will the new early fall X4 dates be announced?
We plan to announce new dates within the coming weeks on the X4 website: http://www.qualtrics.com/x4summit.

How will this affect my travel plans?
Please contact your airline and hotel providers as soon as possible to change plans and make alternative arrangements.

Who do I contact for more information?
Please reach out to X4Summit @qualtrics.com

We will continue to provide regular updates on our X4 website. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your account representative or X4Summit @qualtrics.com

Comments

• MattMMattM SwedenCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Better safe than sorry! See you later in the year!

• KarvidaKarvida CACommunity Member, XM Advocate, XMPN Member Qubie ✭

Thanks Qualtrics for keeping folks safe. And kudos to United Airlines, who announced on March 3rd that they are waiving change/cancellation fees for travel in March. Not sure about other airlines but hopefully they follow suit.

• MsIreenMsIreen FinlandCommunity Member, XMPN Member Superuser ✭✭✭✭

@Karvida said:
    Thanks Qualtrics for keeping folks safe. And kudos to United Airlines, who announced on March 3rd that they are waiving change/cancellation fees for travel in March. Not sure about other airlines but hopefully they follow suit.

I have a booking for joined KLM/Delta flight, and they are not apparently supporting this idea :cry:

• JoycaVJoycaV BelgiumCommunity Member Guru ✭✭

@MsIreen said:

@Karvida said:

I have a booking for joined KLM/Delta flight, and they are not apparently supporting this idea :cry:

Same story, also with KLM!
    However, I read a news article yesterday that KLM would now be allowing the following:
    https://www.klm.com/travel/be_nl/prepare_for_travel/up_to_date/flight_update/index.htm
    You can also choose to postpone your departure to a date after 31 May 2020. In this case, we will provide you with a voucher that will be valid for 1 year and can be used on KLM flights. This voucher will be non-refundable.

• MattMMattM SwedenCommunity Member Qubie ✭

@MsIreen said:

@Karvida said:

Same....

@JoycaV Oh wow, thanks for sharing. Have you checked it @MattM ?

• Rick_FRick_F Hartford, CTCommunity Member - Trial User, XM Advocate Qubie ✭

Thanks for making our decision of whether or not to attend easier. I think, given what is happening and the amount of unknowns, that this is the best course of action. See you in the fall!

• AGSaldanaAGSaldana New York, NY, USACommunity Member, XM Advocate Qubie ✭

@Karvida said:

My recent negative experience clarified that United is only waiving change/cancellation fees for NEW travel booked between March 3 and 31. It did not apply to the cancellation of my return flight from SLC (booked in Feb), and when I applied for a refund request with documentation that X4 was rescheduled due coronavirus, the refund request was denied.

Jetblue on the other hand, wonderfully and courteously, refunded me my miles and fees in under five minutes.

edited March 11

@AGSaldana Odd, it says on their site that
    Additional flexibility for customers
    We know people are taking a second look at their travel plans right now, and we want you to have flexibility when planning your next trip — that's why when you book a flight with us between March 3 and March 31, 2020, you can change it for free over the next 12 months. See terms and conditions

We’re also waiving change fees for all tickets issued on or before March 2 — domestic or international — with original travel dates of March 9 through April 30. See waiver details

My original plan was to reschedule my ticket to a random date in autumn and then pay the change fee when the dates are clear (for a flight from Europe the fee would be 1/10 of the original ticket price, so better than losing the whole price)

• AGSaldanaAGSaldana New York, NY, USACommunity Member, XM Advocate Qubie ✭

@MsIreen said:
    @AGSaldana Odd, it says on their site that
    Additional flexibility for customers
    We know people are taking a second look at their travel plans right now, and we want you to have flexibility when planning your next trip — that's why when you book a flight with us between March 3 and March 31, 2020, you can change it for free over the next 12 months. See terms and conditions

We’re also waiving change fees for all tickets issued on or before March 2 — domestic or international — with original travel dates of March 9 through April 30. See waiver details

My original plan was to reschedule my ticket to a random date in autumn and then pay the change fee when the dates are clear (for a flight from Europe the fee would be 1/10 of the original ticket price, so better than losing the whole price)

Thanks for the tip! This wasn't on their website on the date of my refund request, so I will resubmit with a screenshot of their policy in writing.

Sign In to Comment