Progress bar customisation: Fix progress bar at a point of the survey | XM Community

Progress bar customisation: Fix progress bar at a point of the survey

• 7 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • QPN Level 2 ●●
  • 29 replies
Hi,
I am working a 10 question survey. 5 questions show up in their individual pages. The next 4 questions show up all together in one page. Then I have the last page with EOS.

When we get to page 6, where all 4 questions are displayed, the progress bar shows as 50%. Which is correct, but I would like to customise it so that it would display the progress bar at roughly 80%. I can get away with just a visual edit and not any truly calculated field.

Any ideas how I can do it?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Use the below JS in any one of the question (where we are showing 4 questions on same page)

`jQuery("div.ProgressBarFill").css("width", "80%");`
Userlevel 3
Badge +8
Works like a charm!! Thank you so much.
Badge

Hi

I have created my first ever survey on Qualtrics and facing couple of issues. Help and support advisor directed me here.

On the bottom of my survey, i have added the progress percentage of the survey. The brief and participant information is not essentially the survey but progress bar starts showing from the first screen. How can i change that the progress bar only appears when actual survey starts instead of when participant’s information and consent starts?

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@UzmaAS I believe you will need custom code to hide the progress bar on screens you don’t want it.  You may be able to find similar already in the community to assist you here.  It’s not a speciality of mine to help on this one - but could see no one else responded.  It’s not something out of the box from Qualtrics, as all parts of the survey flow are considered part of the progress.

Leave a Reply