Using survey responses to fill in a PDF form. Can this be done? | XM Community
Solved

Using survey responses to fill in a PDF form. Can this be done?

• 24 May 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I would like to create an order form within Qualtrics where the responses are automatically entered into a fillable PDF document and emailed to the client as a printable PDF after completing the survey. Does anyone know if this can be done, and how I would go about doing this?
icon

Best answer by TomG 25 May 2018, 14:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I would also be very interested in this. Currently I am working around this issue by using trigger emails in Qualtrics. Some rules in my Outlook. Macros/VBA code to format the Qualtrics data and do a mail merge. And Windows Scheduler to get the VBA code to run.

The respondents won't be getting their form until the next morning, but they are getting an email from our domain rather than Qualtrics, which sometimes is working better for spam/clutter filters, and they aren't having to re-enter information from registration (qualtrics survey) to a label we require to bring with them to the event.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Have you thought about making the form the last page of the survey and using piped-text to bring all the information in. Then use JavaScript to make a print button appear on that page (check the custom code section for this)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can use a web service action (or redirect) to execute a script that dynamically creates a pdf. You can pass the data to be included in the pdf in the action or you can get the response data using the Qualtrics API. The pdf can be output directly to the browser, emailed to the respondent, or both.

The majority of the effort is writing the script that dynamically creates the pdf.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7
> @TomG said:
> The majority of the effort is writing the script that dynamically creates the pdf.

Tom, this is exactly what I want to do. Do you have any recommendations about how to figure out how to write that script? I'm trying to figure out which of my IT developers to talk to about it, and I'm not sure what would be the best approach/language to help me narrow the process.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @cphillipps said:
>
> Tom, this is exactly what I want to do. Do you have any recommendations about how to figure out how to write that script? I'm trying to figure out which of my IT developers to talk to about it, and I'm not sure what would be the best approach/language to help me narrow the process.

I've used php and fpdf to do it.

Leave a Reply