Survey preview question in CX/EX course material | XM Community
Solved

Survey preview question in CX/EX course material

• 24 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I am taking the Qualtrics EX course and starting from the beginning where some general Qualtrics functionality is covered and then I took the quiz where I came across this question about the preview survey feature:

"The Preview Survey button at the top of the Survey module launches a new window that displays an interactive preview of your survey. Which of the following statements are true about the survey process? Mark all that apply."

From this list the following response was incorrect, but I don't understand why:

"A preview survey simulates your actual survey environment, so hidden questions, like Timing and Meta Info questions, will remain hidden from view if the feature if chosen."

Why does this statement not cover the "Show hidden questions" option in the preview environment? As I understand it, "Show hidden questions" is a feature that can be turned off and on as chosen so that (and to quote the question): "hidden questions, like Timing and Meta Info questions, will remain hidden from view if the feature if chosen." That is, I can decide whether or not I want to see these hidden questions by interacting with this feature.

Can anyone help me with what I have misunderstood?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 24 March 2020, 13:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@jbryne when "Show Hidden Questions" is chosen, meaning it has the check mark next to it, you see thing like Timing and Meta Info questions. It's only when this feature is not chosen that they simulate the actual survey environment and are hidden. The other interpretation tht I can see is that "the feature" means Survey Preview and because the preview defaults to showing hidden questions, just by clicking on the survey preview feature you would be shown the hidden questions. Extra steps need to be taken to make the statement true.

To me, the statement is a bit of a riddle so I can understand where your confusion came from. I'm not sure how these classes work, but if they have a contact or instructor I think it would be best to take it up with them. You may also want to review the course content to see if the wording was ever said in there to help clarify why the question is behaving this way. But you are right, there are things you can do to hide the hidden questions and more closely simulate the actual environment.

Leave a Reply