Target Audience, Panel Management | XM Community

Target Audience, Panel Management

Hello, I am going to be launching a screener soon to collect internal respondents. I was wondering if you all had some best practices to share for successful panel management. Below are a few that I have come across, please share more!

1. Set up embedded data fields that you want to track
2. Set up a contact trigger list
3. Add recipentID as an embedded datafield
4. For each survey that I sent to panel respondents, add embedded datafield "surveyresponsenumber"=$e{ e://Field/ScreenerComplete + 1 }" to keep track of how many survey the respondent has responded to.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I would add a component about fields to track survey batches.

I use Target Audience to assist with transnational surveys. For every batch that goes out, there is of course the sample from the Mailing List you use. I always add an embedded data field that I call "KEY" and I put a date code "05252018" so I can see when I initially _sent_ the respondent the survey.

I also use a "SURVEY" embedded field with the survey title in it. This gets re-written every time a participant gets sent a new survey. This lets me know which one their most recent survey was.

And I would alter #1 to say, set up embedded data fields to track _anything you can track_ 🙂. I find that my stakeholders often come back after a project is done and ask, "Well can you break that out by zip code? By income? By X thing I didn't tell you I want, but now I want?". If I am careful to include all possible data points, rather than the ones they say they want, I can come back quickly and say "Well our database doesn't give me that info" or "I can get you the zip codes but the results are insignificant".
Thank you! Super helpful, if you discover more...let me know!! Thanks

Leave a Reply