Is there a way I can download a dictionary of the survey that contains how responses are coded etc.? | XM Community
Question

Is there a way I can download a dictionary of the survey that contains how responses are coded etc.?

• 24 March 2020
  • 3 replies

I mean like an excel spreadsheet that contains how the answers to each question are coded and maybe the loops between different questions. Something like that so I can use it in other survey design platforms like RedCap.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
We can do this manually like - From data and analysis tab, export the data column. And from export survey option get the survey export in word(do check the survey flow, logic, recode values). Now using these two files you can create your own structure.
Badge +4

Yes, manually is the word!!! For big surveys,this is a pain.
It would be good if Qualtrics supplied something 'in between' the WORD DOC export and the QSF Json file, which needs to be parsed by someone who knows what they are doing with JSON.
I'd suggest an option for "Export CODING Values" which dumped a simple CSV file with the Qnumbers and coding (if appropriate).
This would be a good addition to the documentation already available, and on a par with more research oriented data capture platforms like REDCAP or Open Clinica.

Thanks for consideration!

This must be an option somewhere. Any help directing me to it would be appreciated. Trying to recode all possible responses into a data table usable in statistical software is not a viable solution.

Leave a Reply