How to move data from (free) trial account to licensed (branded) account while retaining survey link | XM Community
Question

How to move data from (free) trial account to licensed (branded) account while retaining survey link

• 30 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Background: I have created a survey using a trial account. I wasn't aware that it would be impossible to export data using a free account. My university has a specific access code for students so that all data can be saved on secure university servers. I have exported my survey to my computer (QSF file). I have shared the survey link and have collected over 50 responses by now.

With this being said...

1) Would it be possible to upgrade my free account to a branded account using my university code (retaining everything: survey, data, and survey link)?
2) If the above is not possible, would it be possible to transfer my survey data from my free account to a branded account, and import the survey (with the QSF file), while retaining the survey link?

Thank you so much for your kind attention in advance. It would be quite sad if I had to lose all the data that has been collected so far and start data collection from scratch using the new branded account.

1 reply

Badge +1

Hi rodrypsy, you will want to contact Qualtrics Support and your Brand Admin at your university to request a User Move between the trial and licensed account! The survey link and all data will remain the same, just everything will be migrated under your school's license once the user move completes!

Leave a Reply